Written and compiled by Technical Services, Visual Edge Design, Inc.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the “Tools” button at the top. Select “Email Accounts” from the drop down menu.
2. In the new window that appears, make sure that the “Add a new email account” button is selected and click Next.
3. In the “Server Type” window that appears, choose “POP3” and click Next.
4. In the “Internet Email Settings (POP3)” window enter the appropriate information:
- Your Name: Enter the name that you want the public to see when an email is sent from this address. Keep in mind that if you are sending an email to someone who may not recognize your name, you may want to include your company name or only use your company name in this field.
- E-Mail Address: Enter your full email address (ie: email@example.com)
- Incoming Mail Server: Enter “MX1.visualedgedesign.com”
- Outgoing Mail Server: Enter the same information as for the Incoming Mail Server (“MX1.visualedgedesign.com”)
- User Name: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter the password that you provided Visual Edge Design or that was provided to you.
5. Click on “Test Account Settings”. This will ensure you have entered the correct information. If the test is not successful, go back and ensure you entered the information as above correctly.
6. Now click on “More Settings” and choose the “Outgoing Server” tab. Make sure that the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” box is checked.
7. Click “OK” and that completes the setup of your email account through Microsoft Outlook. You can now send and receive emails.
In the event that you add more emails to your account or need to set up an account for new personnel, the above still applies.
You have successfully set up your email account in Outlook!
If you have any questions concerning these instructions
please contact us or call 877-775-2530.
Microsoft, Office and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.